From January 2021, the UKCA mark is a requirement for electrical and electronic products placed on the GB market.
UKCA Marking is UK Law
From the 1st January 2021, the UKCA Mark becomes the product conformity mark for the GB market (England, Scotland and Wales). For Northern Ireland, the CE Mark continues to be the product conformity mark.
Both the UKCA and CE Marking processes involves both technical and administrative requirements that are set out in the relevant directives and need to be met both at the point when a product is first placed on the market as well as on an on-going basis.
We can provide assistance at every stage of this process to ensure that your products get to market quickly and in a cost effective manner.
The directives require manufacturers to perform conformity assessment which includes identifying all of the applicable UK legislation that apply and then providing evidence to show that the product is in conformity with the requirements.
Designated standards that provide Presumption of Conformity when correctly applied exist for all regulations and are contained in what is often referred to as the UK Designated Standards. Using designated standards to assess products is a commonly used route for manufacturers and we are able to help you through the UKCA Marking process including testing at our UKAS accredited Laboratories.
We can help by
- Assisting you to confidently apply the UKCA Marking to a number of product variants, without necessarily testing them all
- Advising you on how best to achieve on-going compliance; making sure that the product that is currently being produced today is still representative of the one that was tested and first placed on the market
As well as meeting the technical requirements of a directive, there are also a series of administrative requirements that need to be met, including the compilation of Technical Documentation and the drawing up and signing a Declaration of Conformity (DoC); the legal statement that the product meet the requirements of the relevant directives.
We provide online and face-to-face training courses to help you draw up your Technical Documentation and as an Approved Body under the 2016 Electromagetic Compatibility Regulations, we can provide an independent, third-party assessment of your Technical Documentation.
If you have a range of products we can
- Assist you to confidently apply the UKCA Marking to all the variants, without necessarily testing them all
- Advise you on how best to achieve on-going compliance; making sure that the product that is currently being produced today is still representative of the one that was tested and first placed on the market
- Make sure that the important documentation, the Technical Documentation and the Declaration of Conformity (DoC), are in place and correct
The UKCA Mark
For more information about the UKCA Mark, click here.
To view a full list of Eurofins York’s accreditations click here.