We can provide guidance, testing and training to help you with the process of CE marking to European standards and directives for European market access.
CE marking is a legal requirement for most products sold in Europe but is not always fully understood or adhered to. Eurofins York (formerly York EMC Services) can help manufacturers and importers correctly CE Mark their products before placing them on the market.
To be compliant with the legislation, it is important to ensure that you are not only technically compliant with CE marking European Directives, but also your technical documentation and Declaration of Conformity (DoC) are correct. Eurofins York can assist with this process with consultancy and research, testing services and training.
Why CE Mark?
It is a legal requirement to demonstrate that products that products falling within the scope of CE marking directives meet those requirements. When the CE Mark is affixed to a product it is an indication of a product’s compliance with relevant EU legislation and allows the free movement of products within the European market
Helping you through the CE marking process
We can provide you with a wide range of services spanning the full compliance process.
- We can help you determine which CE Marking European (EU) Directives and European (EN) Standards are applicable to your products
- If you have more than one product, for example a range of similar products, we can help you arrange these into families and help identify which ones should be tested
- Our UKAS accredited test laboratories near Bristol, Leeds and in Grangemouth will be able to provide cost-effective testing
- We can provide training and consultancy on how to draw up your Technical Documentation that will support your Declaration of Conformity
- We are able to assess your Technical Documentation for completeness, either informally through consultancy or formally through our Notified Body services
- Once your product is on the market we can discuss with you an on-going compliance strategy, whereby measures are put in place to ensure that product compliance is maintained as long as it continues to be placed on the market
Click here to review our testing services and understand the CE marking Standards and Directives we can assist with.
Our training is tailored to your needs and ranges from introductory one-day essentials events to full five-day fundamentals courses covering a wide range of topics as well as more in-depth knowledge based courses including
- EMC Design
- The EMC/Low Voltage/Radio Equipment/EMF Directives Explained workshops
- Fundamentals of EMC and the Fundamentals of EMC in Rail
- Ongoing compliance online training
Click here to view all of our training courses.
- If you have your own test facility or set-up for EMC we offer a Test and Measurement Health Check
- For products we offer a comprehensive Product Documentation Compliance Health Check to ensure you are both technically and administratively compliant
Click here for our consultancy services.
To view a full list of Eurofins York’s accreditations click here.