We can provide access to US markets through accredited EMC testing to Federation of Communications Commission (FCC) requirements.
The Federal Communications Commission is the federal agency responsible for implementing and enforcing America’s communications law and regulations including those for EMC. Its rules and regulations are published in Title 47 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) which includes the requirements for placing RF devices on the US market.
For non-wireless Radio Frequency (RF) devices the authorisation process depends on the product. York EMC Services (YES) offers a range of FCC electronic product compliance testing.
Declaration of Conformity (DoC)
- Testing by an accredited testing laboratory is required and the manufacturer (or other responsible party) must provide a test report and other information demonstrating compliance with the FCC rules upon request by the Commission.
- Examples of devices subject to a DoC include personal computers and peripherals, consumer ISM equipment such as microwave ovens and RF light bulbs, radio receivers and TV interface devices.
- The manufacturer (or other responsible party) has the option to use an accredited testing laboratory. They must provide a test report and other information demonstrating compliance with the FCC rules upon request by the Commission.
- Examples of devices subject to verification include non-consumer ISM equipment; TV and FM receivers; and business computer equipment.
- Devices subject to verification must be uniquely identified in a format which cannot be confused with the FCC identifier required on certified equipment.
Accredited FCC testing
Starting in 2017, the FCC has mandated that all EMC testing must be performed in an accredited laboratory. York EMC Services (YES) laboratories are accredited by UKAS to the requirements of the FCC Parts 15b and Part 18 and are designated as Conformity Assessment Bodies under the EMC Sectoral Annex of the EU-US Mutual Recognition Agreement.
YES offers FCC electronic product compliance testing measurements for EMC emissions ranging from 9 kHz to 40 GHz.
For more information on gaining access to the US markets FCC approval for your RF device, please contact your local York EMC Services’ Test Laboratory. For non-UK customers, contact our York Office.
To view a full list of York EMC Services’ accreditations click here.