EMC for Products (4 Days)
EMC for Products, formerly known as Fundamentals of EMC for Products, is a unique four-day course that will provide you with the essential knowledge required to help manage EMC and achieve EMC compliance.
An understanding of EMC is essential for the reliable operation of electrical/electronics equipment and systems for the commercial, automotive and aerospace markets. It is also essential to understand what exactly is happening during product acceptance and the route to compliance.
It is illegal to sell or operate electronic equipment or systems that are not compliant with the EMC Directive within the European Economic Area.
Next Course dates
17th – 20th April 2023 – FULLY BOOKED
19th – 22nd June 2023 – Last few spaces available
18th – 21st September 2023
20th – 23rd November 2023
This course will be hosted at our Laboratory in Castleford, West Yorkshire.
If you would like more information or wish to book this course please call 0330 430 3456 or email email@example.com quoting course code T001.
- Four days with a mixture of lectures, presentations, interactive workshops and demonstrations
- One day of practical demonstrations at our UKAS accredited Test Laboratory to illustrate the commonly required EMC tests described in the EN 61000-4-x series of standards such as; conducted emissions, radiated emissions, conducted immunity and radiated immunity
Applying the knowledge and understanding from this course will improve the management of EMC and minimise the risk of unforeseen problems and project/production delays in equipment manufacture thus reducing business risk.
Note: This course is also available specifically tailored to the Rail industry or the Military environment.
What is it about?
|This course covers the basics of EMC from its underlying theory through to the standards and regulatory environment of testing, including design requirements and how to achieve EMC assurance or EMC product compliance|
This course includes one day of demonstrations held at our UKAS accredited test Laboratory (in Castleford near Leeds), during which our experienced Test Engineers are available to answer specific testing questions you may have. The practical demonstrations illustrate the commonly required EMC tests
Who should attend?
- Practising engineers of MEng/BEng/BSc/HNC level
- Managers concerned with the design, manufacture and testing of electrical/electronic products and for setting EMC requirements
- Engineers/managers involved in the designing of EMC test facilities
- Equipment designers and testers
- Compliance engineers and managers
Previous course attendees have included personnel from SMEs, large industrial companies, multi-nationals, the Armed Forces and Government agencies from around the world.
What will I achieve?
- The acquisition of fundamental EMC knowledge
- An understanding of EMC regulations and standards
- The ability to apply EMC knowledge to their particular situation
- The ability to manage EMC effectively and achieve EMC assurance/compliance
- Learn to manage EMC effectively and achieve EMC compliance
- Provides participants with an understanding of key subjects
- Demystifies the world of EMC regulations & standards
- Includes an all-day practical workshop at our accredited EMC test lab
- 34 continuing professional development (CPD) hours* for chartered engineers or those working towards their chartered status
*Please note that the IET requirement is now 30 hours per year and can be monitored.