Harmonic and Flicker Generator 01
The Harmonics & Flicker Generator (HFG01) has been designed for the purpose of verifying harmonic and flicker test equipment.
The HFG01 provides an easy and reliable way to externally check the performance of the measurement system to the IEC/EN 61000-3-2 harmonics and IEC/EN 61000-3-3 flicker standards; particularly important as these tests rely on software control and calculation, and for which there is no intuitive sense of the response.
The HFG01 provides a series of harmonic and flicker disturbances of a nominal but stable level. This allows the user to periodically verify their test equipment, helping maintain compliance with standards and laboratory quality procedures. Alternatively, due to its stability, it may be used as a transfer standard from a known, calibrated test system.
The HFG01 is a standalone device and requires no additional equipment. It connects directly to the test equipment and simulates the equipment under test (EUT), generating known, repeatable levels of harmonic and flicker disturbance.
- Stable load simulation
- Injects harmonics to IEC/EN 61000-3-2 and Flicker to IEC/EN 61000-3-3
- Compact and portable
Stable load simulation
- Repeatable measurements for test system verification
Injects harmonics to IEC/EN 61000-3-2 and flicker to IEC / EN 61000-3-3
- Evaluation of test systems specifically to EN standards
Harmonic test modes
- Steady-state harmonic-rich load current, representing a fixed load
- Harmonic-rich load currents fluctuating between two load conditions
Flicker test modes
- Fixed level of mains disturbance at 1 Hz rate
- Fixed level of mains disturbance at 8.33 Hz rate
Compact and portable
- Comparisons between sites and environments
- Harmonics and flicker measurement systems validation and verification
- Reference source for
- Daily pre-test verification checks if required by the accreditation authorities
- Long-term performance monitoring
- Comparison of different harmonics and flicker measurement systems
- Up to 40th harmonic: 50 Hz to 2 kHz
- 1 m captive lead with CEE 7/7 mains plug for connection to test equipment
- 330 mm × 320 mm × 170 mm
- 6.5 kg
- 230 Vac, 50 Hz, 400 W (maximum)
- Thermal shutdown
- (see graphs)
- (see graphs)
Standard Order Kits
HFG01KIT01 – Standard HFG01 harmonics and flicker generator kit
- HFG01 harmonic and flicker generator
- CAL12 – measurement of harmonics and flicker generated, all modes
- US and EU mains plug adapters
CAL12 – Measurement of harmonic and flicker disturbance generated
- Measurement of load current made according to IEC / EN 61000-3-2 in Steady State and Fluctuating Harmonics modes. Fundamental (50 Hz) to 40th harmonic.
- Measurement of short term flicker (Pst) made according to IEC / EN 61000-3-3 with disturbance at 1 Hz and 8.33 Hz rates