CCC Cable Coupling Clamp
The Cable Coupling Clamp (CCC01) is a reusableÂ test jig for the purpose of measuring the shieldingÂ properties of cables.
The CCC01 is designed toÂ allow easy positioning of the test and injection feedÂ cables in accordance with the layout described inÂ IEC 96-1 Amendment 2 1993-06. This simplifiesÂ the process of making repeatable measurementsÂ aimed at assessing the coupling and shieldingÂ effectiveness properties of a wide range of cables.
The CCC01 design is based on the details of the âlauncherâÂ arrangement, described in IEC 96-1 Amendment 2 1993-06Â section A.5.6 Line Injection Method (frequency domain).Â This arrangement is also used in IEC 62153-4-6: 2006 andÂ mandated for the line injection method in EN 50289-1-6.
- Fixed cable routes
- Cable injection assemblies
- Supports a range of test cable sizes
- 0.3 m & 0.5 m test lengths
- Configurable injection conductor
- Easy connection to test system
- Fixed cable Routes; repeatable layout of test and injection cables
- Cable injection assemblies; injection cable runs are supplied pre-assembled and fitted with ferrite common mode chokes
- Supports a range of test cable sizes; 2.5 mm, 5 mm and 10 mm aperture supports provided as standard. Cable dimensions up to 22 mm x 13 mm are possible with the user-machinable fitting accessories
- 0.3 m & 0.5 m test lengths; base plate allows the injection assemblies to be mounted either for a 0.3m cable length (EN 50289-1-6) or the extended 0.5 m length (IEC 96-1) for increased coupling distance
- Configurable injection conductor; self-adhesive copper tape, easily trimmed to the correct width required according to the circumference of the cable under test
- Easy Connection to test system; injection cables are terminated in N-type connectors
- Cable shielding effectiveness measurements as indicated by
- IEC 96-1 Amendment 2 1993-06
- IEC 62153-4-6:2006
- EN 50289-1-6
- Investigation of cable coupling phenomena
- 10 kHz to 1 GHz typical (usable to higher frequencies, depending on the cables being tested and application of the test)
- 50 Ω N-type sockets
- Approx. 2.5 mm to 10 mm diameter using the three sets of fittings supplied.
- User-machinable fittings available as accessories, supporting maximum of cable dimension of 22 mm x 13 mm (rectangular cross-section) or a 13 mm diameter
- Typically <1 dB over a 12 month period
- 220 mm × 880 mm (0.5 m test setting)
- 220mm × 740mm (0.3m test setting)
- 3 kg (typical excluding cable-under-test and any associated ferrites)
Standard Order Kits
CCC01KIT01 – Standard CCE01 cable coupling clamp kit
- Pair of pre-assembled cable injection assemblies
- Base plate with mounting positions for 0.3 m and 0.5 m cable test lengths
- 2.5 mm, 5 mm and 10 mm diameter cable mounting fittings
- Additional clip-on ferrite chokes
- Self-adhesive copper tape (signal injection conductor)
- Hard case for injection assemblies and accessories
Please note: We are unable to supply the cable under test (CUT), any parts associated with its construction and any ferrite rings to be fitted to it.
CMF01 – Kit of user-machinable blank fittings for custom cable apertures (single cable)
Special – Contact us for information regarding our testing service for cables to both IEC 96-1 and EN 50289-1-6, using the CCC01