Electrical Safety for Products
Most electrical products placed on the market in Europe are required to comply with the requirements of the current Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU. For Great Britain, the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations (SI 2016/1101) will apply.
This course will provide you with an understanding of the LVD, the GB equivalent, the Harmonised and Designated Standards that underpin it, the types of testing, risks and hazards that the legislation covers, and highlight many of the areas that a manufacturer, importer, distributor or authorised representative needs to be aware of.
The course includes details of the main tests that are done for electrical safety, as well as discussion and information on the documentation and labelling that is mandatory as part of compliance to EU and GB EMC Legislation.
The provisions of the Directive have an effect not just on Manufacturers but also on Authorised Representatives, Importers and Distributors in the EU, and also in GB. The implications, responsibilities and actions that need to be taken in relation to these provisions are discussed in this course.
Next Course Date
5th July 2023
This course will be hosted at our Laboratory in Castleford, West Yorkshire.
If you would like more information or wish to book this course please call 0330 430 3456 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting course code T005.
This course is also available on request at a location of your choice. Please contact our York office on 0330 430 3456 or email email@example.com to enquire.
What is it about?
Key subjects covered include
- What is Safety
- Regulations & Declarations
- Harmonised and designated standards
- Standards and Risk Assessments
- Documentation and Test reports
- Compliance at the organisation level
Who should attend?
All those involved in electrical safety aspects of their product
- Electrical engineers or technicians directly involved in design
- Managers of electrical equipment design projects
- Quality assurance engineers
- Engineers involved in product certification
What will I achieve?
Delegates will gain
- Familiarisation with the current EU & UK Directives & Regulations and the related legal framework
- An understanding of the legal background to UKCA & CE Marking, product safety, and product liability
- Information directly relevant to product safety design and associated documentation
- Knowledge of methods of achieving compliance with the various electrical safety standards and the scope of testing