Introduction to EMC
It is sometimes difficult to get one or more days away from the office or laboratory to attend the training courses you need. E-Learning offers you the flexibility to watch, listen and learn online, whenever and wherever you like.
This module is the first in our EMC e-learning program. It provides an introduction to EMC, beginning with covering the background behind electromagnetic sources and the overall electromagnetic environment. The basics of Emissions and Immunity are also covered, along with an overview of the coupling mechanisms.
CPD hours | One
Course Presenter | Nick Wainwright
Summary of module content
Module length | 70 minutes
- What is EMC
- Sources of electromagnetic disturbances
- The changing EM environment
- Types of emissions
- Types of immunity
- Coupling mechanisms
- Practical examples
Who should attend?
This module is intended to help anyone who may have just come across EMC in their work, anyone with a passing interest, or anyone needing a basic refresher in the subject.
- Anyone with an interest or desire to learn the basic premise of EMC
- Designers looking to boost immunity or reduce emissions
- Economic Operators (Manufacturers, Authorised representatives, Importers and Distributors) wanting further information on EMC
- Technical and compliance staff involved either directly or indirectly with regulatory compliance and EMC as part of product approval
The module is 70 minutes in length. After registration and payment you will have 90 days in which to complete the module.
A certificate will be issued to participants upon completion of the course only after feedback has been supplied.