Introduction to EMC Standards
It is sometimes difficult to get one or more days away from the office or laboratory to attend the training courses you need. E-Learning offers you the flexibility to watch, listen and learn online, whenever and wherever you like.
This module is the second in our EMC e-learning program. It is intended to help engineers and manufacturers understand the selection process, as well as ensuring that compliance is maintained by using the correct version of the standard.
CPD hours | One
Course Presenter | Nick Wainwright
Summary of module content
Module length | 70 minutes
- The role of harmonised European standards
- Understanding the difference between product specific, generic and basic standards
- Referencing basic standards
- The role of the OJ listing
- Using transition periods to best effect when standards change
- The effect of changing technology on the application of EMC standards
- The development of multimedia standards
Who should attend?
This module is intended to act as an introduction for engineers and non-engineering staff
- Anyone with an interest or desire to learn more about EMC standards
- Those charged with the responsibility of signing Declarations of Conformity
- Engineers who are involved in the design and development of electronic equipment
- Technical staff involved either directly or indirectly with regulatory compliance
The module is 70 minutes in length. After registration and payment you will have 90 days in which to complete the module.
A certificate will be issued to participants upon completion of the course only after feedback has been supplied.