We are a Notified Body for the Type Examination of Technical Documentation for the EMC Directive, 2014/30/EU.
Eurofins York (formerly York EMC Services) has operated successfully as a Notified Body for the assessment of EMC technical documentation under Directive 2004/108/EC.
As of 20th April 2016, Directive 2014/30/EU replaced 2004/108/EC and all existing Notified Body appointments were ended. Eurofins York has been appointed by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) as Notified Body 2636 under Annex III of 2014/30/EU, following the Secretary of State’s acceptance of a recommendation by UKAS.
Technical Documentation Assessments
The EMC Directive allows third-party assessment of technical documentation in the form of a Notified Body Assessment. This provides an examination of the Technical Documentation by an independent EMC expert to determine whether the apparatus covered fully conforms to the essential requirements of the EMC Directive (2014/30/EU).
Who needs a Notified Body assessment?
A manufacturer may benefit from an independent assessment of technical documentation in a variety of cases, including where
- The manufacturer is uncertain about the validity of its products’ technical documentation
- Standards are only applied in part (Extended Justification)
- The environment is non-standard, electromagnetically severe or has other specific characteristics
- Additional assurance of product compliance is required
- Alternatively, an assessment by a Notified Body may be a contractual requirement to provide increased assurance that the product or system is fully compliant with the EMC Directive
Notified Body 2636
As a Notified Body, Eurofins York has been accredited to ISO 17020:2012 by UKAS as a Type A Inspection Body, No 5562.
Appointed by BEIS and still serving a wide range of industry sectors, Eurofins York is able to conduct Type Examination of Technical Documentation for the EMC Directive. A Notified Body can provide a manufacturer with an independent and impartial assessment of Technical Documentation, providing additional peace of mind that it fully supports a Declaration of Conformity and the CE marking of a product .
For more information on how we can help please contact our York office.
To view a full list of Eurofins York’s accreditations click here.