UK Approved Body
We are a UK Approved Body for the Type Examination of Technical Documentation for the Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016
Eurofins York is an UK Approved Body for the assessment of EMC technical documentation under the Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016.
Prior to the 1st January 2020, Eurofins York was an EU Notified Body for the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU. We can provide EU Notified Body services to the EMC DIrective 2013/30/EU through our partner Eurofins laboratories. Please contact us for more information.
Technical Documentation Assessments
The 2016 UK EMC Regulations allows third-party assessment of technical documentation in the form of an Approved Body Assessment. This provides an examination of the Technical Documentation by an independent EMC expert to determine whether the apparatus covered fully conforms to the essential requirements of the Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016.
Who needs an Approved Body assessment?
A manufacturer may benefit from an independent assessment of technical documentation in a variety of cases, including where
- The manufacturer is uncertain about the validity of its products’ technical documentation
- Standards are only applied in part (Extended Justification)
- The environment is non-standard, electromagnetically severe or has other specific characteristics
- Additional assurance of product compliance is required
- Alternatively, an assessment by an Approved Body may be a contractual requirement to provide increased assurance that the product or system is fully compliant with the Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016.
UK Approved Body 2636
As an Approved Body, Eurofins York has been accredited to ISO 17020:2012 by UKAS as a Type A Inspection Body, No 5562.
- Schedule | To view our schedule click here
Appointed by BEIS and still serving a wide range of industry sectors, Eurofins York is able to conduct Type Examination of Technical Documentation for the Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations 2016. An Approved Body can provide a manufacturer with an independent and impartial assessment of Technical Documentation, providing additional peace of mind that it fully supports a Declaration of Conformity and the conformitry marking of a product .
Notified Body 0477
We also operate as a Notified Body (n. 0477) authorised to award EC certification of Medical Devices in accordance with Directive 93/42/EEC through our parent company, Eurofins.
For more information on how we can help please contact our York office.
To view a full list of Eurofins York’s accreditations click here.