Field Service agent (IT) – York
We are looking to appoint a Field Service Agent (IT) to join our team and manage and support the local IT infrastructure within Eurofins’ Consumer Products Testing Business Line in the UK.
Join our team and take on this challenging role as a Field Service Agent, where you will play a vital role in ensuring the reliability, security, and performance of our company’s next generation of IT networks.
You will provide first-level maintenance of laptop, desktop, network and server equipment in collaboration with the Eurofins Regional IT teams, ensuring the smooth operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting across the various UK locations within the Consumer Product Testing division.
Apply your expertise, leadership skills, and passion for technology to drive innovation and deliver exceptional IT management and support services.
To ensure optimal performance, reliability, and security, oversee the management of our company’s IT laptops, desktops, networks and servers.
Diagnose and resolve local IT issues raised by level 1 and level 2 service tickets, including hardware, software, and connectivity problems, promptly to minimise downtime and disruption to business operations.
Implement and enforce security protocols and manage account access, to safeguard against unauthorised access, data breaches, and other security threats.
IT Upgrades and Migrations
Collaborate with IT teams to plan, coordinate, and execute upgrades, expansions, and migrations, ensuring minimal disruption to operations and adherence to project timelines.
Documentation and Reporting
Maintain accurate documentation of IT configurations, diagrams, procedures, and troubleshooting steps. Generate reports on incidents, and resolutions to provide insights and support decision-making processes.
Team Leadership and Support
Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior field service agents where appropriate. Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT support, engineering, and project management, to ensure effective coordination and resolution of IT-related issues.
Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and service-level agreements to ensure timely and quality service delivery.
1. Stay updated with emerging technologies, industry best practices, and trends.
2. Propose and implement innovative solutions to optimise our IT infrastructure.
What you’ll need to succeed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience (5+ years) as a Field Service Agent or similar role, focusing on managing and supporting IT hardware (laptops/desktop/servers) and internal and external IT networks.
- Proficiency in configuring and maintaining IT equipment, including laptops, desktops and instrument PCs. Knowledge of routers, switches, wireless access points, and firewalls would be an advantage.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Relevant certifications are highly desirable.
We offer a competitive package with good pension provision, training and development and the opportunity to progress in a growing and ambitious company. The post is full-time (37.5 hpw), and we offer five weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply please click here.