EMC / Radio Test Engineer – Grangemouth
Our Grangemouth laboratory is looking to appoint an EMC / Radio Test Engineer to assist customers with bringing their products to market both in the UK and worldwide.
Who we are
Eurofins York Ltd is a vital part of the Eurofins E&E UK network of laboratories. We provide regulatory compliance services and products to the manufacturing and electronics industry, particularly in EMC, Wireless/Radio, Electrical Safety, EMF and RF.
Alongside the product testing and certification services, Eurofins York also delivers Global Market Access services, Training, Compliance Guidance and Expert Services to companies in the UK and further afield.
What does this mean? In simple terms, we test the electrical and electronic products you use daily. From TVs, Microwaves, doorbells, set-top boxes and audio equipment to full-size trains, car parts, and jukeboxes – basically anything electrical or electronic – so that manufacturers can check that they are safe to use and meet the regulations for this type of product.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Laboratory Business Manager within the Eurofins York Grangemouth site, you will work with the existing team of EMC / Radio test professionals, supporting our customers as they look to design, develop and deliver compliant products to market.
As an EMC / Radio Test Engineer, you will be responsible for testing our customers’ products against a range of international standards and compliance requirements, as well as producing test plans and reports for those customers.
- Compliance testing of customers’ equipment in a modern test laboratory
- Production of test plans and reports
- Handling and guiding customers through the compliance process handling skills
- Liaising with customers on technical testing issues
- Liaising with the commercial team to identify new opportunities and to provide customer feedback
What you’ll need to succeed
- 1-3 years’ experience in a technical role is desirable but not essential. Eurofins E&E UK will provide full training, and graduate applicants (HNC/HND/Degree) who want to develop an exciting career in the compliance industry are very much encouraged to apply.
- Being willing to travel to visit clients within UK/abroad (occasionally)
- Being responsible for your own actions and taking proactive ownership of projects
- Actively working in, and communicating with, a small team
If you join the Eurofins team you will receive a competitive package with good pension provision, training and development and the opportunity to progress in a growing and ambitious company. The post is full-time (37 hpw) and we offer 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply please click here.